Test Your Skills – Take Our American Energy Quiz!
Test your knowledge of American oil and natural gas with this quick quiz and find out what type of Energy Citizen you are!
Test Your Skills - Take Our American Energy Quiz!
Check Your Answers:
- Answer: If you guessed United States, give yourself a round of applause. The United States is the world’s largest oil and natural gas producer. That’s something to celebrate!
- Answer: All of the above and even more! Natural gas byproducts are essential to making almost everything we use in our daily lives.
- Answer: Across the country, 10.8 million jobs are supported by U.S. natural gas and oil, which represents 5.4% of the nation’s total employment. Research shows that for every direct job in the natural gas and oil industry, an additional 3.8 million jobs are supported elsewhere in the economy in both producing and non-producing communities.
- Answer: If you answered Pennsylvania, you’re correct! Oil was first discovered in 1859 at what is now known as Oil Creek, Pennsylvania.
- Answer: The answer is 20 million! According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, in 2022, the United States used an average of about 20.01 million barrels of petroleum per day, or a total of about 7.3 billion barrels of petroleum.
What Your Score Means:
1-2 Correct: Natural Gas Novice
You know quite a bit about American energy, but there’s still more left to discover!
3-4 Correct: Solid Supporter
Great job! Your knowledge of the industry is solid. The more you know, the better energy advocate you can be.
5 Correct: Energy Buff
Congrats! You’re an Energy Buff. This is no small feat.
Keep up the great work and stay tuned for more Energy Citizens updates in your state to stay on the cutting edge.