Energy For All
Everyone benefits from energy in more ways than they might think. It is not just about turning on lights or fueling cars. It is about lifting families out of poverty, giving greater access to advanced technologies, and creating lifesaving products that are essential to everyday lives.
Boosting our Communities
American energy is solving big challenges — from environmental progress to building and protecting communities to securing our nation.. The natural gas and oil industry supports 10.3 million of jobs, and contributes billions of dollars to the economy each year.
Powering our Progress
American energy is connecting us with loved ones, allowing us to travel faster and farther than ever before, and applying technology we never dreamed possible. American energy powers progress. It gives all Americans the opportunity for a better future.
- Over the past three decades natural gas has helped 1.3 billion people worldwide get electricity and escape debilitating poverty.
- New medicines and life-saving health care technologies—such as artificial heart valves, insulin pumps, and defibrillators—are made possible by natural gas and oil.
- Smartphones, tablets, computers, and telecommunications equipment couldn’t exist without natural gas and oil.
- 1.3B people have electricity and escaped poverty
- More than 10.3 million jobs are supported by natural gas and oil